Special Needs Workshop
4 Sundays | September 9, 16, 23 & 30, 2018
Guest Instructor | Trinh Wong
Ages 6-12 years, 10am-11:30pm
Ages 13 years and older,* 1-2:30pm
Tuition | $160
Creative and Skills Building Objectives:
- Explore different textures to integrate sensory perceptions
- Encourage interpretations of a specific object or topic in self-expressive art forms
- Develop fine motor skills through the use of color pencils, crayons, paintbrushes
- Students present art work and present their art or ideas in their own words
- Projects will use: crayons, paint, clay, watercolor, newsprint paper, and canvas
Instructor credentials: T. Wong has a MA in Psychology with over 10 years experience working with special needs children and adults, operated a community art studio and began teaching art in 2006.
Small class size with a maximum 10 students.*All potential students will be need to meet minimum requirements, reservations mandatory. This is not a drop in class.
Is this class appropriate for your young artist? Email us your responses
- Can your child attend to activity for at least 10 minutes?
- Does your child exhibit aggressive behaviors?
- What art materials does your child like or have worked with?
- What do you hope your child will gain from this class?
- What specific skill(s) would you like your child to learn?
- *What is the developmental age of your child?