Instructor | Various
Saturdays | 1 – 2:30pm
Tuition | $35 class
WHY It takes training and practice to perform. Drawing quickly and creating amazing art is within your reach by dedicating your time and increasing your art productivity. HOW We do this by building muscle memory, increasing our brainstorming abilities, practicing creativity to pour out, and improve your abilities. WHAT Automatic drawing, seeing and creating form, secrets to capturing portraits, gestural figures, notan landscapes, drawing from imagination, and positive and negative space. WHERE The Art Studio will pump up the energy to bring spontaneity, intuition, and our unique styles to surface.
- June 1: Color block studies: This demonstration and quick study will get you started on how to develop your eye for color in the light, like the impressionists. Taught by Denise Wada
- June 8: Charting Color from our toolboxes
- June 15
- June 22: Perspective for artists
- June 29: Portraiture basics to finding a likeness
- July 6: canceled
- July 13: Intro to landscape painting and plein air
- July 20
- July 27
- August 17
Sign up for JUNE 8 | $39, Denise will review the basic characteristics of color and get you started in charting the colors in your toolbox. We will lay out the key characteristics of color on easy to read reference supports. This is open to wet and oil mediums. If your toolbox lacks color, you can start with the primaries and explore my toolbox.
Supplies: 11×14, Fredrix Canvas Pad or Strathmore Oil Paper, Colors from your toolbox, palette knife for oil, #8 round brushes for wet mediums, 1/4 inch masking tape, paper towels, palette or color mixing surfaces.
If you prefer to use our supplies, add $10-20.