Comics, Manga, Anime, and Cartoons
During the Coronavirus we are taking this class online
Character Design online Saturday 2:30-4:30 pm
Instructor | Luke Gray
Tuition | 2-hour class pass $35 per student
Visit The Art Studio schedule to enroll in your class. In the notes you will see the Zoom schedule meeting ID number to enter the classroom.
Please, set yourself up in a quiet room, bring all the supplies with you: sketchbook or charged digital tablet, pen and pencil, and cup of water. If you have artwork you would like to share be sure to have it with you. Be respectful of others online.
- Paint and Draw online Saturday, 11:30 am-1 pm
- Drawing online Wednesday 5-7 pm
Character Design Instructor | Luke Gray
Saturday | 2:30-4:30pm, ages 9 and up
Tuition | $40/class
Drawing for the Entertainment Industry | Luke Gray
Saturday | 3:30-5:30pm, ages 13 and up
Tuition | $40/class
Learn how to draw and create comics, manga, anime, and cartoons from a working professional. In this course, we will focus on how to draw characters & creatures, tell compelling stories, improve your art, apply to creative jobs, have fun, and more!
Luke and Jenna Gray will teach students industry secrets on how to draw and create comics, manga, anime, and cartoons.Luke and Jenna will focus the students on creating original characters designs, tell compelling stories, and learning new techniques to improve his or her art. Students will work at their own level as the instructor reviews the student’s work and suggest ideas to move their designs and skills forward.
- A pencil and plastic eraser
- Recommended Pencils: Tombow MONO 2B pencil, and or Sumo Grip Grey Mechanical Pencil
- Prismacolor Red Colerase Pencil
- Sketchbook, choose one from below
- Recommended: Canson XL Mix Media 9” x 12”
- or Strathmore 362-9 300 Series Mixed Media Pad, 9” x 12”,
- or Strathmore Series 400 Sketch Pad 9 x12
- Tracing paper pad 9×12
- Optional: 3 Markers: 30%, 50%, 70% either cool, warm, or French grey Copic or PrismaColor
Students may bring his/her tablet or digital drawing device.