Contemporary Drawing Class
Instructor | Sansanee Boonyad
10 weeks starts September 17 – November 19, 2019; start any time and complete the 10 rotations.
Tuesdays | 9:30 am – 12 pm
Tuition | $370/ten, $158/four, or $42/class
This is a mixed media class for all ages to explore a variety of mediums for ten weeks. Students are encouraged to learn how the various drawing mediums: charcoal, pastel, colored pencil, ink, gouache, and graphite can add creativity to your art.
Sign up for all 10 weeks to receive a variety of lessons and save money. All supplies are included.
- Week 1- Introduce to gesture drawing, linear &mess drawings. Compress charcoal, pencil charcoal, Conte, pencil, pen.
- Week 2 – Introduce to continues drawing and monochromatic. Pastel, color pencils, marker, pen.
- Week 3- Using negative and positive space. Color ink, liquid acrylic paint, pen.
- Week 4 – Students create work from a master artist. Be inspired by some elements of our master work to make your own version. Use all media and techniques from the previous weeks
- Week 5 – Create a value study from a continuous drawing, students begin to draw the design on paper and work in a variety of mediums.
- Week 6 – Present color scheme– continue working on project# 1
- Weeks 7 and 8 – Expressive Pet portrait or self portrait
- Weeks 9 and 10 – Free play or redo a previous project with more knowledge.