I’m excited to announce Colley Whisson, an internationally recognized artist from the Brisbane, Australia, will be at The Art Studio. It’s not what we paint but looking at Colley’s work it’s how we paint that is the magic.
August 3 – 6, 2019
Guest Instructor | Colley Whisson
Four Consecutive Days | 9am-4pm
Tuition | $645, Reserve one of the 10 seats with a $100 deposit by 3/28/19
Mediums | Oil or acrylic paint
Colley will ensure that each student has the fundamentals to produce paintings with powerful light effects, loose brushwork and a sensitivity to the subject. Colley will be focusing his attention on tonal values, composition, brushwork, colour saturation and paying special attention to the importance of edges. His workshops are conducted in a positive and uplifting manner. Colley will employ a step-by-step process allowing all students the best chance to see the way a painting is constructed.
- Registration Deadline is March 28, 2019 (due to oversees travel)
- Reserve your spot by sending a non-refundable check deposit to The Art Studio, 6450 Westminster Bl, Westminster, CA 92683 to reserve your spot.
- 10 student minimum. If minimum enrollment is not met by the registration deadline, March 28, we may cancel the workshop and return all deposits.
- Remaining balance must be received before June 29, 2019.
- The Art Studio’s may elect to open the class to 5 more students if there is waitlist. In the event that you paid a deposit and/or full payment but cannot attend, The Art Studio will try to replace a waitlisted attendee and refund your money.
- Artist Profile: Professional Artist, Author, Teacher & Judge
Colley Whisson is an internationally recognised artist he was born in 1966 and raised in the northern regions of Brisbane, Australia. Under the guidance of his father renowned artist Eric Whisson, he commenced oil painting at the age of 20. He has long been considered a leading artist of his generation. His first Solo Exhibition was a sell out at the age of 24 a rare feat indeed. Since then Colley has held numerous Solo and Joint Exhibitions; also writing magazine articles and 2 Books which are sought after by collectors and many libraries nationally and internationally. His demonstration DVD’S were collected by students worldwide. He has long believed “It is not what you paint but how you paint it”. At an early age he had mastered the most difficult technique of all; painting light which has become synonymous with his work. Aiming to paint with precision to convey the purest message possible and striving to capture spontaneous loose impressions each time he returns to his easel. His work has touched many, even his fellow artist expressed the desire to learn from him. He loves nothing more than the challenge of pushing himself to find new subjects to paint. He has been tagged as one of World’s finest young Impressionist painters. Colley has a strong belief that he is not copying nature but giving expression to visual ideas.