Beginning Oil Painting Workshop
January 14 – February 19, 2020
Time | 10am-12pm
Tuition | $295
(Save $75 by avoiding purchasing supplies: odorless mineral spirits, turp container, palette, palette knife, brushes, professional grade oil paint, paper towels)
This is a six-week class designed to introduce students to all the information I wish I had learned when I began oil painting. This is a great introduction for those who want to jump in with a comprehensive overview of the how, when, who, and what of oil painting. Start painting with confidence by learning good habits.
- best painting practices regarding materials
- an introduction to all the supplies
- what paints you need on your palette
- composition for a good design
- various ways to start a painting
- How to see color as shapes
- Create a master copy to simulate design and paint choices
- How to set up and paint a still life
This is an experiential learning class. Each student will have an opportunity to set up and paint from still life setups and explore an interest in portraiture, landscape, still life, animals, and/or interior scenes, or learn from the masters by recreate from their paintings.